An estimated 25% of children are struggling with undetected vision problems.
As the former Psychologist for School District 91, I can say with all sincerity that the Vantage Program has proven a powerful tool. Reports from instructors are highly positive and suggest that the Vantage reading program has been extremely successful in supporting students having not only weak reading skills but handwriting and mathematical skills as well. I fully support the Vantage Program as a much needed support tool for any child weak in skills addressed by this program.
Dr. Michael Hoff.
I am writing In support of Vantage Vision and Reading, facilitator Milly Saville. I have had Milly as a presenter on many occasions as part of my work, and have been impressed by the depth and scope of her work. The tests and diagnosis resulting from her collaboration with an optometrist have resulted in helping children learn to use their eyes correctly, thus enabling them to learn to read. Too many adults were never diagnosed with these less visible vision problems, so Vantage Vision and Reading fills a huge gap, both for children and adults.
I am a great supporter of this program, and urge you to support them as much as possible.
Helen Domshy M.A.
Literacy Outreach Coordinator
To whom it may concern,
I would like to extol the greatness of Vantage Vision & Reading (VV&R) to you. My intelligent son, at the end of grade 2, was reading at a mid-grade 1 level. He was severely depressed at his hardships at school and was developing an anxiety disorder from them. “Sight words”, such as ‘cat’ and ‘ball’, were very difficult to learn because he wasn’t able to read more than one letter at a time. VV&R helped, not only by strengthening the range of coordinated movement of my son’s eyes, but also by teaching him to read. He now is both an avid reader and confident learner at school. Thank you Milly, for introducing the VV&R program to me.
My son’s successes inspired me to get further training from Milly and to become a facilitator for VV&R. Though this program, I have helped many children gain the ability to read, as well as increase their hand-eye coordination. When I work at schools, the teachers are excited about the idea of combining simple eye tracking exercises’ with an excellent reading curriculum.
My hopes are that Milly Saville will continue with VV&R and help many more people realize their potential with reading and hand-eye coordination. Thank you!
Burns Lake, BC
1. May 22,2008
The Vantage Vision & Reading Program with Milly Saville resulted in great improvements in my son’s reading. Before coming to Vantage Vision & Reading Program my son was in Grade 3, but was reading at a Grade 1 level with great difficulty.
At school, my son was enrolled in an intensive multisensory reading program that helped him decipher words, but he had no ability to recall words once he had deciphered them. For example, he could not recall words from one sentence to the next.
We added the Vantage Vision & Reading Program to his multisensory program in January 2008. With the improvements in his visual processing and visual memory skills Michael could remember words. This resulted in increased fluency and a large improvement in his reading level.
As well, Michael began to learn his math facts. Prior to the Vantage Vision & Reading Program, he could not recall his basic math facts and struggled with math.
The improvements in reading are expected to continue as he practices his new-found skills, and eventually I expect Michael to be reading at his grade level.
(A Parent, Mackenzie BC)
2. “My boy was in Grade 2 with a kindergarten reading level. He was not able to complete school assignments because he could not understand the directions. He went from not being able to read 2-letter words, to being able to read ‘tornados’ after only a month of the program…. I am so thankful that Prince George has this much needed resource. I am excited that there may now be the option to have Vantage Staff perform the exercises with the students, as kids tend to learn better from those who aren’t their parents”
M.L. – a parent in PG -2013
3. “My son was in Grade 2 and struggling with reading and writing tasks. He was working at a late Kindergarten level in both… and had been doing so almost all year and all of Grade 1….It was a big commitment, but worth it. He worked hard on the exercises each day and is now at a place where he has moved forward in his ability to read and write and is comfortable doing so.”…
(A Parent, Prince George, BC – 2014)
4. “…his reading ability has improved greatly – way more self-confidence, reading is more fluent. Teacher has noticed a huge difference!
(A Parent, Prince George, BC – 2014
5. "...It's been two years since he took the program ; and he remains positive and excited about his life gifts and where they will take him. We have to thank Vantage Reading Program for getting him started on a better path....This year he is now an Honour Roll student at the top of his class... The younger brother also required the Vantage Program... we have seen significant improvement...he has a newly discovered love of reading … he is beginning to choose more difficult/chapter books closer to his age level; … a marked improvement over his former preoccupation with comic books. He enjoys good literature and chooses good books to read. We are pleased with his progress." - Cheryl W. Prince George
1. "This program has improve my eyes so that I can read fluently. Thank you, from Conan" - Note: Conan is currently on the Principal's List in Grade 9
Q: What ages do you work with?
A: Our youngest client is 4; our oldest client is 86